Metadata : Archive of the Town of Žamberk
Collection
- Country:
- Czechia
- Holding institution:
- State District Archives Ústí nad Orlicí
- Holding institution (official language):
- Státní okresní archiv Ústí nad Orlicí
- Postal address:
- Pivovarská 137/II, Ústí nad Orlicí, 562 03
- Phone number:
- 00420 465 519 870
- Email:
- podatelna@sokauo.cz
- Country:
- Czechia
- Holding institution:
- State District Archives Ústí nad Orlicí
- Holding institution (official language):
- Státní okresní archiv Ústí nad Orlicí
- Postal address:
- Pivovarská 137/II, Ústí nad Orlicí, 562 03
- Phone number:
- 00420 465 519 870
- Email:
- podatelna@sokauo.cz
- Reference number:
- 48
- Title:
- Archive of the Town of Žamberk
- Title (official language):
- Archiv města Žamberk
- Creator/accumulator:
- Town of Žamberk
- Date(s):
- 1508/1954
- Language:
- Czech
- German
- Extent:
- 31.73 linear metres
- Physical condition:
- poor
- Scope and content:
- The fonds includes records of the town of Žamberk, e.g. chronicles, foundation deeds, registers, minutes of meetings of the municipal board and the council. There are four items directly related to the Jewish history: Regulation of Jewish presence in touristic places (1940), List of Jews (1941-1942), Jewish synagogue and cemetery (1910-1944), Treatment of Jewish population (1939-1943).
- Archival history:
- The documents created by the town administration and the municipality office (Magistrat) were stored in the town hall. From 1911 to 1949, the written sources were administered by the town museum. In 1950 all the documents concerning the town were concentrated at the town hall. In 1956 the archival records were taken over by the District Archives in Žamberk and from there they were moved within the framework of the administration reform of 1960 to the District Archives in Ústí nad Orlicí.
- Administrative/biographical history:
- The first written evidence of Žamberk dates to 1322. The controlled town council was established in the 1790s . The Jewish community, which came to Žamberk after the expulsion of Jews from the royal towns, likely settled within the town as early as the beginning of the 17th century. The oldest surviving evidence of Jewish presence dates to the middle of the 17th century. During the 18th century the number of Jewish inhabitants increased so significantly that a Jewish quarter was established.
- Access points: locations:
- Žamberk
- Finding aids:
- Macková, M. - Ripková, M. - Sekotová, V. - Slavíková, V. - Vondrová, R. Archiv města Žamberk 1508 - 1945 (1954), Inventář, 1989, XX + 162 s., AP č. 54.
- Author of the description:
- JMP Survey, 2015.
- Reference number:
- 48
- Title:
- Archive of the Town of Žamberk
- Title (official language):
- Archiv města Žamberk
- Creator/accumulator:
- Town of Žamberk
- Date(s):
- 1508/1954
- Language:
- Czech
- German
- Extent:
- 31.73 linear metres
- Physical condition:
- poor
- Scope and content:
- The fonds includes records of the town of Žamberk, e.g. chronicles, foundation deeds, registers, minutes of meetings of the municipal board and the council. There are four items directly related to the Jewish history: Regulation of Jewish presence in touristic places (1940), List of Jews (1941-1942), Jewish synagogue and cemetery (1910-1944), Treatment of Jewish population (1939-1943).
- Archival history:
- The documents created by the town administration and the municipality office (Magistrat) were stored in the town hall. From 1911 to 1949, the written sources were administered by the town museum. In 1950 all the documents concerning the town were concentrated at the town hall. In 1956 the archival records were taken over by the District Archives in Žamberk and from there they were moved within the framework of the administration reform of 1960 to the District Archives in Ústí nad Orlicí.
- Administrative/biographical history:
- The first written evidence of Žamberk dates to 1322. The controlled town council was established in the 1790s . The Jewish community, which came to Žamberk after the expulsion of Jews from the royal towns, likely settled within the town as early as the beginning of the 17th century. The oldest surviving evidence of Jewish presence dates to the middle of the 17th century. During the 18th century the number of Jewish inhabitants increased so significantly that a Jewish quarter was established.
- Access points: locations:
- Žamberk
- Finding aids:
- Macková, M. - Ripková, M. - Sekotová, V. - Slavíková, V. - Vondrová, R. Archiv města Žamberk 1508 - 1945 (1954), Inventář, 1989, XX + 162 s., AP č. 54.
- Author of the description:
- JMP Survey, 2015.